Growing demand for seafood analogs such as imitation crabs and lobster meat has been driving demand for surimi in the global market. Innovative products such as surimi noodles and efforts by companies to adopt new taste trends to meet consumer demand are also aiding market expansion. As such, the surimi market is expected to experience high growth in terms of volume over the coming decade.
As per Fact.MR analysis, the global surimi market is anticipated to reach a valuation of over US$ 12 billion by 2030, with its growth rate pegged at nearly 6% from 2020 to 2030.
For detailed insights on enhancing your product footprint, request for a sample here – https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=5014
Key Trends of Surimi Market
- East Asia accounts for a share of more than 35% in the global surimi market, and is expected to experience growth of 1.8X by 2030 over the value in 2020.
- The surimi market in South East Asia & Oceania is expected to portray the highest growth rate of over 6% during forecast period.
- Based on source, demand for itoyori accounts for the highest share in the market, and is expected to offer the highest absolute dollar opportunity during the forecast period.
- While demand for chilled or fresh surimi is observed to be high at present, frozen surimi is expected to grow 1.9X by 2030 over the value in 2020.
- Demand for surimi through direct sales is higher in comparison with retail sales, and is expected to show higher growth during the forecast period.
- The COVID-19 pandemic is projected to have a low to moderate impact on the global surimi market.
For critical insights on this market, request for methodology here – https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=RM&rep_id=5014
Surimi Market: Segmentation
Fact.MR has studied the surimi market with detailed segmentation on the basis of source, packaging, end use, distribution channel, and region.
- Alaska Pollock
- Pacific Whiting
- Silver Carp
- Chilled or Fresh
For in-depth competitive analysis, buy now – https://www.factmr.com/checkout/5014
Players Focused on Inorganic Strategies to Increase Penetration
The surimi market is highly fragmented in nature, with the top players accounting nearly one-fifth of the market share. Due to this fragmented nature, players in the market have shown high tendency for acquisitions and mergers to increase their revenue share. For example, in January 2018, Viciunai Group acquired Creative Seafood France. This acquisition was aimed at increasing the presence of the company in France, as CSF France holds 10 to 15% of the French surimi market. Similar acquisitions are being carried out by many companies. The surimi market is expected to remain fragmented till the end of the forecast period.
Read More Trending and Similar Reports from Fact.MR – https://www.globenewswire.com/en/news-release/2020/03/24/2005575/0/en/Sales-of-Food-Thickening-Agents-Soar-Steadily-in-Line-with-Upsurge-in-Demand-from-Bakery-Confectionary-Industry-Says-Fact-MR-in-a-New-Study.html
Market research and consulting agency with a difference! That’s why 80% of Fortune 1,000 companies trust us for making their most critical decisions. While our experienced consultants employ the latest technologies to extract hard-to-find insights, we believe our USP is the trust clients have on our expertise. Spanning a wide range – from automotive & industry 4.0 to healthcare & retail, our coverage is expansive, but we ensure even the most niche categories are analyzed. Our sales offices in United States and Dublin, Ireland. Headquarter based in Dubai, UAE. Reach out to us with your goals, and we’ll be an able research partner.
US Sales Office:
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583